- Expert in Democratic/Self-Directed/Agile Education
- Certified teacher of Mathematics and English for High School, issued by the state of Saxony
- Grew up in East-Germany, lived in Nicaragua and USA
- Languages: German, English, Spanish, Russian
Presentations & Panels
So far I have held the following presentations, participated in panels, and organized the following events:
- Report on the European Conference for Democratic Education 2015, screening of “Schools of Trust” at Freie Alternativschule Dresden, Germany, 2015
- “Can we trust our children? Experience from democratic schools.” presentation at Burning Man in Nevada, USA, 2016
- Screening “Doing Nothing All Day” and panel discussion with two students, a parent and me as a staff member of Diablo Valley School. Oakland, California, USA, 2017
- “Radical Education” — a panel discussion with education leaders in Oakland, California, USA, 2017.
- Panel discussion after screening of the movie „Berlin Rebel High School“, Rosa-Luxemburg-Stifung, Berlin, 2017
- Workshop „Schule mal demokratisch: Beispiele & Zukunftswerkstatt“ (schools, democratic at last: examples and future workshop) at Landestreffen der Schulen ohne Rassismus (Schools against racism meeting of Saxony), Dresden, 2018
- Session „Democratic Education“ at INL-Day of Initiative für Neues Lernen (initiative for new learning), Berlin, 2018
- Presentation for a school start-up group and future parents, after screening the movie “Alphabet”: Immerkind Heidesee & Freie Schule LOS, Brandenburg, 2019
- Workshop “Education crash course” as part of preparation of volunteers for the NGO Weltweite Initiative e.V., Bad Elster, 2019
- Workshop “How do Democratic Schools work?” at a conference for school directors across Germany — Berliner Schulleitungstagung, Berlin, 2019 (Link)
Invite me to speak at your event! Contact me here.
I currently work at Demokratische Schule X in Berlin. In the past, I have worked at the following schools: Freie Alternativschule Dresden, St. Benno-Gymnasium Dresden, Diablo Valley School (A Sudbury School), APEGO-Schule Berlin.
I have visited the following schools: Sands School in Ashburton, UK, Neue Schule Hamburg, Freie Schule Leipzig, Hudson Valley Sudbury School, Arts & Ideas Sudbury School, Jersey Shore Free School, Philly Free School, Agile Learning Center NYC, Brooklyn Free School, Demokratische Schule X in Berlin, Evangelische Schule Berlin Zentrum.
I have participated in the following conferences: educamps 2012 in Illmenau and 2013 in Berlin; AERO 2016 in the USA; EUDEC 2013 in the Netherlands, 2015 in Poland, 2017 in France, 2018 in Greece, 2019 in Ukraine.
Furthermore, I volunteered in an educational setting in Nicaragua for a year, which has opened my eyes in so many ways (document in German).