- Expert in democratic education
- Certified teacher of Mathematics and English for High School, issued by the state of Saxony
- Grew up in East-Germany, lived in Nicaragua and USA
- Languages: German, English, Spanish, Russian
Presentations & Panels
So far I have held the following presentations, participated in panels, and organized the following events:
- Report on the European Conference for Democratic Education 2015, screening of “Schools of Trust” at Freie Alternativschule Dresden, Germany, 2015
- “Can we trust our children? Experience from democratic schools.” presentation at Burning Man in Nevada, USA, 2016
- Screening “Doing Nothing All Day” and panel discussion with two students, a parent and me as a staff member of Diablo Valley School. Oakland, California, USA, 2017
- “Radical Education” — a panel discussion with education leaders in Oakland, California, USA, 2017.
- Panel discussion after screening of the movie „Berlin Rebel High School“, Rosa-Luxemburg-Stifung, Berlin, 2017
- Workshop „Schule mal demokratisch: Beispiele & Zukunftswerkstatt“ (schools, democratic at last: examples and future workshop) at Landestreffen der Schulen ohne Rassismus (Schools against racism meeting of Saxony), Dresden, 2018
- Session „Democratic Education“ at INL-Day of Initiative für Neues Lernen (initiative for new learning), Berlin, 2018
Invite me to speak at your event — contact me here.
I currently work at Demokratische Schule X in Berlin. In the past, I have worked at the following schools: Freie Alternativschule Dresden, St. Benno-Gymnasium Dresden, Diablo Valley School (A Sudbury School), APEGO-Schule Berlin.
I have visited the following schools: Sands School in Ashburton, UK, Neue Schule Hamburg, Freie Schule Leipzig, Hudson Valley Sudbury School, Arts & Ideas Sudbury School, Jersey Shore Free School, Philly Free School, Agile Learning Center NYC, Brooklyn Free School, Demokratische Schule X in Berlin, Evangelische Schule Berlin Zentrum.
Furthermore, I volunteered in an educational setting in Nicaragua for a year, which has opened my eyes in so many ways (document in German).